Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cubicle Access? Trains? ... Trains!

And so it continues... my railroad won't stop growing.  I keep thinking of ways to make this a continuous running track.

Should I make a reversing loops at each end of the layout? It could be something like this:


My cubicle neighbors won't mind, right? As a wise man once said, "don't be ridiculous, you LOVE trains!" Well, I guess that may be over the line.

I could simply finish the last wall of my cube.  But how would it cross the entry?  A helix is ridiculous in this instance, but I can't just block the entrance to my cube.  Or can I...? I will go with the assumption that I can for now.






For this last wall, I will reproduce more faithfully the rail underpass located in the prototype as shown below.



This was fun to design as I had many ideas for the landscape: streams, waterfalls, canyons, rolling hills, etc.  Honestly, my vision of landscaping changed many times while building the track-work. Eventually, I decided that a simple hill leading to a canyon would do the trick. Probably way too compressed, but I like it!

Thanks for reading, Peter Lieber

1 comment:

  1. I must say that you are pretty good at blogging and you must need to carry on with this all the time. office furniture for sale west palm beach

    ReplyDelete